It has been an incredible first week of August! For once, I managed to participate in a blogging marathon and complete it. In fact, I was pretty sure that this might turn out much like other writing marathons that I attempted in the past, meaning that I would not be able to do much after a day or two. Why, I even abstained from displaying the blogathon badge on my blog! But that changed yesterday when I completed the BlogAThon hosted by Blog-A-Rhythm. The experience of creating and publishing posts on a daily basis was my equivalent of painting the town red. Painting it with words!! 🙂
The following is the list of posts I created for the Blogathon, listed in order of popularity based on WordPress Stats. Each of these was an experiment to understand what kind of genres I would enjoy writing.
- Justice – An experiment in writing paranormal genres
- Truant – An experiment to write something short and light that even the most busiest person who stumbles onto my blog wouldn’t mind reading
- The Strange Case of Mrs.V – An experiment to see if I could write from life.
- Freedom, to Be – An experiment on alternate points of view
- Promise – Fiction
- Moira and Dreams – Again experiments on fictionalizing some real life experiences.
Here are somethings that I learnt about myself in the past week:
- That I enjoyed telling stories and that for some reason I am obsessed about the triumph of good over bad and the fact that villains in any story should enjoy their “just deserts”!
- I am not the types to preach with my writing. Nope! I love fiction and I think I will stick to that.
- I was convinced that there is an undocumented Murphy’s law that states that the moment one sits down with an idea and putting them into words, they will be disturbed to abandon their thoughts half way! Though I am no wonder when it comes to writing I understood why some writers are referred to as tetchy people!
- I loved doing research on new words, places and ideas!
- There is some wonderful writing on the internet and I thoroughly enjoyed reading poems and stories by talented folks
- I think I might actually enjoy writing more often compared to the hermit crab attempts that I am known for 🙂
I just want to sign-off shouting out a big “Thanks” to those that took the time to read my posts, comment on the blog or Facebook links or actually share their opinions in person and those lovely people who re-tweeted my story links.
For those of who you who have just stopped by, please take the time to read the posts (if you have some time that is) and let me know what you think.
Looking forward to more fruitful writing in the future