Everybody makes resolutions, some succeed at sticking to them and most of us forget all about them by the time January 5th rolls in. So this year I am not going to make any fancy resolutions but I am going to make a list of things that I would like to do. I feel that having a “TO DO” list might probably find more success rather than calling it resolutions. This said and done I came up with what I thought was a very manageable “To Do” list. I was extremely pleased with myself. Of course just like with any other
resolutions “To Do” list for the year mine had one about being good with exercise. I have about 100 magazine and a dozen health and well-being sites which scream to me that “Exercise is important for a healthy life style”. Once upon a time I was so perfect with my exercise routine and I wanted to go back to that phase again and also just so that I don’t feel guilty when I eat my favorite toasted everything bagel and vegetable cream cheese once a week! Sluuuurp!
So here I was – I hit the gym everyday from 1st onwards and was felling totally smug about myself! Jan 4th rolled in and I was rushing to work. The moment I stepped out of the car, I don’t know what went wrong but my feet slipped on the black ice and I was flat on the ground of the parking lots before I knew it with my knees hitting the beautiful tar! I scraped my left knee pretty good which is kinda having the color of a fully bloomed cherry fruit with a band aid on it! And I am walking around like I am 90 years old! There goes my exercise routine….! And it’s not even Jan 5th yet!!
Woman proposes and god disposes! Ok so I am clumsy but whats a girl to do?? I know I can’t even step into the gym for another 2-3 days. Why I can’t even do any stretches! and What with my cats habit of sleeping on my legs at night I can be assured of not doing anything physical for 3 days! So much for good health….anyways I had a moment after popping in some pain killers and decided to concentrate on the other items on the “To DO” list and of course I remembered by favorite Calvin and Hobbes resolutions cartoon:
Yes I think I am pretty much perfect too!! 😀 So the love handles can wait! I am going to busy myself with a book….maybe Calvin and Hobbes! They do make me feel better
Just in case you were wondering whats on my “To Do” list, here goes:
This is what I would like to do more of this year:
1. Read more – stop worrying about buying books. Considering I have an electronic reader and do not have to be bothered about finding room for my books I want to step up my reading habits without burning a hole in my pocket of course 🙂
2. Paint, sketch, doodle etc., – Do whatever it takes! I created 1 decent piece or art last year and few smaller ones and still have one half way through! I want to be able to find the inspiration and motivation to pick up my paints and brushes
3. Write – Be good about this. Do whatever it takes including carrying a pen and paper with me all the time to not down anything I might come up with.
4. Try out those awesome recipes which I have always wanted to….
5. No list is complete without this – Exercise!!
6.Ignore negative influences around me. Ooh! This is a toughie!! 😕
7. Take a stab at those project management books which have been lying around! Seriously enough is enough!
How are you guys coming along with your resolutions / To Do items?? Would love to hear from you!
Picture Courtesy: Google