I was inspired to make this cake after reading a recipe at http://www.egglesscooking.com/. This is a great site to refer to if one wants to make eggless or vegan dishes.
I modified it the original recipe to make it more low fat. Here is how I did it:
- All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Applesauce 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk 1/2 cup
- Butter, melted 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup
- Brown Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Ground Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Mix together the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract and applesauce.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture with the flour mixture. Fold in half cup blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or in a preheated oven at 350F until a tooth pick or a think knifed dipped into the cake comes clean
- Let the cake cool well and remove the cake from the pan.
The original recipe can be accessed here: http://www.egglesscooking.com/2009/07/03/low-fat-blueberry-coffee-cake/#ixzz0aLmjTVBDEggless Cooking Recipes Madhuram