a) You shall never get anything when you need it the most!
b) One can never stick to a budget when it comes to gift vouchers! You would always have to spend more than what is on the voucher to make us of it!
I am pretty sure there are Murphy’s laws which states these weird ways of life. If you are wondering why I wrote this post, please keep reading as it describes how both laws came to play in a single day though in different ways:
Yesterday I realized that I had a gift coupon from one of the huge stores in the area. The store carried pretty much everything from clothes, shoes, bags, kitchen electronics, bath and bedding, cosmetics, jewelry and more at affordable costs. It was the last day that I could use the coupon before it expired – so I decided to go and treat myself to all the possibilities that the store offered. I was excited to have found the coupon before it expired and not after! The first law was disproved and I was excited. I made a trip to the store and spent about 1 hour walking through the entire store only to find:
- The jacket that I wanted was not available in my size. They had a size bigger and a size smaller but no stock when it cam to my size.
- The pretty yellow sweater I wanted – they only had the larger sizes
- I didn’t want shoes or jewellery so those sections were out of the running
- No kitchen electronics to interest me and I didn’t care much for kid stuff or make up!
- And the bags – none to catch my interest! I had been looking at the same bags in the store for more than a year now!
What’s a girl to do? The first law was rearing its head again…..Finally I spotted a beautiful handbag in mustard yellow under a mound of dull and boring bags. I have wanted to get a bag in that color for a long time now! So I inspected it and found out that I had to shell out extra cash (apart from the gift voucher) to make it mine! Hello second law!