- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 cups of fresh / frozen green peasmo
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies slit open
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves
- 2-3 cardamons cracked open
- 4-5 pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- Corainder / cilantro for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot enough add the cumin seeds, bay leaves,cloves, pepper corns and cardamoms.
- When the cumin seeds start to crack, add the onion and green chillies
- When the onions start turning translucent add the fresh peas, some salt and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently. The rice should be separate and not get mushy.
- Once the rice has been mixed in, leave the mixture in the pan for a few minutes and roast the pulao on low flame.
- When a golden brown crust starts forming at the base of the pulao mixture, turn of the stove and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve hot with a gravy side like Dum aloo or dal.