I love having tossed salads for dinner. They are light, taste good and are a powerhouse of health. This is one of my favorite creations and I call it the “Rainbow Salad” because of its pretty natural colors.
· 1 cup shredded Romaine Lettuce
· ¼ cup chopped Red Bell Pepper
· ¼ cup chopped Yellow Bell Pepper
· ¼ cup chopped Orange Bell Pepper
· ¼ cup of sliced black olives
· 10 – 15 grape tomatoes
· 10 – 15 olives
· 1 tsp Blue Cheese crumbles
· ½ cup sliced cucumber
· Bread crumbs or croutons (a handful)
· 1 tbsp olive oil or any of your favorite dressings
1. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add the olive oil or any dressing of your choice and toss again. Serve and enjoy.
1. Chopped tomatoes can be substituted for cherry tomatoes
2. Salt and Pepper can be added if you preferFeta can be substituted for Blue Cheese.